I’ve been in denial about my weight gain for quite a while now but it’s time to do something about it.
Since I stopped dancing over 3 years ago I have been steadily gaining weight (despite a few diet attempts here and there) and quite frankly, I am unhappy and unhealthy. I’m fed up of feeling uncomfortable and crying about it hasn’t helped, so I’m making the brave (and perhaps crazy) decision to take this public with the hope of gaining support and also making it much harder for me to cheat! Seriously, if any of you ever see me with something sugary/fatty in my hands take. me. down.
I’ve seen a few other Facebook friends do this and achieve some great results (well done guys) so I thought I would give it a try. I have never done anything like this before however; so please bear with me!
I’ll start by posting some initial photos. These photos made my heart break but it’s the first step of a very long and hopefully life changing journey. So here we go… *holds breath*
Current weight: 13 stone 8 pounds (190 pounds).
Goal weight: 9 stone 8 pounds (134 pounds).
Goal weight loss: 4 stone (56 pounds).
(My goal weight was calculated using the NHS BMI calculator.)
Phew… Now that that’s over with, let’s move on! It can only get better from here, right? Let’s hope.
So the plan is pretty simple. I’m going to start a low carb, no sugar diet which is a diet I’ve had some great success with in the past. The key however, is sticking to it this time (which is where I failed last time). The rules are as follows:
- No added sugars whatsoever. I will be allowed some fruit but in moderation.
- No carbs/low carbs. I’m working quite a bit this summer which does mean I require some energy so small portions of brown rice/couscous and wholewheat pasta will be permitted but again, in moderation.
- High protein and veg intake. I will literally be living off meat, eggs, protein powder and vegetables.
- Full fat cheese and milk permitted. Again, in moderation.
- No alcohol – at least not for the first 2 weeks. After that, a small celebratory G&T (slimline) will be permitted on occasion.
- Daily water intake.
- Regular exercise.
Seems simple, right? Unfortunately, the first 2 weeks are the toughest as I fight severe cravings for sugar and carbs. After that? Yes, it should get easier…
It’s going to be a long journey and I’ll need all of the support I can get. If any of you ever have any advice/tips/encouragement/sugar-free doughnuts, please feel free to submit!